So, apparently the new thing among bloggers is to not only write and publish your article, but to then record yourself reading the article and publish it as a podcast. Honestly, I find this strange. Blogs and podcasts are actually not the same thing, but maybe I’m the only one who feels that way. Suffice to say you won’t see the Do Not Be Surprised podcast anytime soon!
It’s been an odd summer around here. The weather is wonky and a bit indecisive, and the wildlife is seemingly bent on destroying my landscaping whenever it gets a chance. I’m tired of 2021 and kind of miss 2020. I realize I’m probably in the minority on that, but it’s been an interesting year on so many fronts. Still, I’m determined to enjoy these last few weeks of summer before fall shows up for a day to introduce winter. And even though I’m sad to see August disappearing so quickly, it does mean one really great thing: football season is almost here!
So while I go find something to deer-proof my plants, why don’t you take a few moments to enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- I found this interesting. And while I’ve known of Robert Fortune’s role in bringing tea to the west, I’m interested in exploring more resources describing his mission.
- I know some Christians mock the hymn, “Just as I am,” but I think perhaps these individuals haven’t stopped to consider the circumstances of their own salvation. Thank goodness Jesus took me just as I was. Thank goodness He didn’t leave me there.
- We need true friends.
- We also need cats helping our military.
- Honey has so many benefits.
- Here’s your semi-regular dose of adorable.
- Aw, I think Oliver is the perfect name!
- I hope we are all praying about the state of our world.
- Thoughts from Charles Spurgeon on our Shepherd-King.
Therefore, since we are receiving an unshakable kingdom, let us be filled with gratitude, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.Hebrews 12:28 (BSB)