Not much to share in the way of musings today, but I did finally find a few links for your consideration. I hope you enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- I recently learned about this new Bible translation and so far I’m really enjoying it. It’s accurately described as being in between the ESV and CSB in terms of “word-for-word” versus “thought-for-thought.” From what I’ve seen, though, it handles the troubling verses found in the ESV much better and is far less wooden than the NASB.
- Which bird is most common in your state?
- The whole Duggar debacle is so heartbreaking and disgusting. What’s also infuriating is the mindset that keeps women like Anna Duggar trapped in these situations for so long. The lies being fed to women in these circles is abuse, period. And, for the record, these lies—or some form of them—exist outside of the extreme Duggar-like circles.
- I don’t necessarily believe that every Christian needs to go to seminary, but I do agree with the idea that every Christian—male and female—should be encouraged to pursue theological training if they so desire.
- Meet the new voice of the Chicago Cubs!
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- When we disagree with a brother or sister in Christ, we shouldn’t just “cancel” them the way the world might. There are God-honoring ways to work through disagreements.
- Christian prayer is trinitarian.
- Today is International Tea Day! If you’re a tea drinker, you may enjoy sampling some of the selections from Rare Tea Company. It’s one of my favorite go-to sites for unique, quality teas.
Share this post: