As I write this, it’s another late Thursday evening (is it really only Thursday?) of another exhausting week. I’m beginning to feel my limitations, and beginning to realize that something, in some corner of my life, may have to give. Have you ever been in this place?
What brings me comfort in times like this are the precious words of our kind, gentle, loving Savior.
“Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take up my yoke and learn from me, because I am lowly and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”Matthew 11:28-30 (CSB)
What a shepherd! To know that we find the most perfect, ultimate rest in our Savior is truly sometimes all that gets me through a trying time. I pray this reminder will bring you encouragement and peace today as well.
I also hope you have a restful weekend planned. If not, then I urge you to ask our Father for strength to sustain you in busy times. And whatever your weekend looks like, I hope you have a few moments to enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Some recommended resources for Easter.
- I haven’t had the opportunity to read this yet, but it sounds interesting.
- I don’t love Gonzaga (they’re rivals of my alma mater), but I do love Bing Crosby and old, vintage video. This was fun to watch.
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- I’m sure the cat had a perfectly good reason for its actions. Cats always have good reasons for everything they do (just ask them).
- An update on RZIM.
- The best part is that this commercial, though edited, is still being aired today.
- The world gets darker each day. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
I am at rest in God alone;Psalms 62:1-2 (CSB)
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my stronghold; I will never be shaken.