Tuesday morning, I awoke to approximately 9.5 inches of snow. I wasn’t planning on that. “1 to 2 inches,” they said. I don’t presume to claim that being a meteorologist is easy, but surely you can do something to ensure you’re not that far off in your predictions.
On Wednesday, a short burst of a storm left us with another 2 to 3 inches. It’s all quite beautiful, and we managed to make 2 cheerful-looking snowmen in between shoveling and keeping warm. Still, I just heard that another storm—with “significant” snowfall—is due late in the weekend. Perhaps Punxsutawney Phil wasn’t wrong with his prediction of a long winter after all!
The snow and frigid temperatures make me thankful for the ability to work from home. Even the most stressful days are made a bit more tolerable when you’re wrapped in a blanket next to a warm space heater with a cup of your favorite tea beside you! As I watch others shovel their driveway before leaving for work in the early morning hours, it reminds me to give thanks for this small blessing.
What blessings might you be missing in your everyday life? It can be easy to overlook some of the smallest—but perhaps the most impactful—gifts that God gives to us daily. Ask Him to help you see these and I guarantee He will!
This post may not be a blessing per se, but I hope it provides a little break for you from the busyness of life as you enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Christopher Plummer had a long, successful acting career. But to me and many others, he will always be Captain von Trapp. And I bet you didn’t know this about him (I didn’t!).
- Another legend gone. The Supremes are always at the top of my listening for road trips.
- This was probably the most entertaining part of the Super Bowl.
- I visited here as a kid (and well-established Lucy fan) and I loved it! So sad to know they replaced it with a Hello Kitty store several years ago. I wonder who made that idiotic decision?
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- What is spiritual abuse?
- Tea, chocolate, and chili peppers—three of my favorite things! Lots of interesting information in this post.
- You’ve probably seen this by now, but it’s worth it to watch it again. It will never not be funny. “I’m here live. I’m not a cat.”
God is our refuge and strength,Psalms 46:1 (CSB)
a helper who is always found
in times of trouble.