All throughout this pandemic, I’ve been hearing how we should be using the “extra time” to learn new skills, take up a new hobby, etc. Can someone please tell me the source of this “extra time”? I don’t think I was on the distribution list.
In these past months, work has been busier, taking away from this so-called extra time. Home life changed and required new routines. The only “extra time” I’ve had personally has been at night when I’m, you know, sleeping. That’s okay, actually. With too much time on my hands, I end up feeling guilty if I don’t accomplish “enough” throughout the day. And of course the definition of “enough” is everything on today’s and tomorrow’s to-do list.
For those who have found themselves with extra time on their hands, I hope you were able to put it to good use. Don’t let anyone shame you if you didn’t learn something new or adopt a new hobby. Did you spend that time with your family? Or use it to relax and recharge? Or use it to reconnect with old friends in new ways? Then it was time well spent.
For all of us, I hope that we’ve learned in this strange time how much we must lean on our God. I hope we’ve learned to appreciate and trust His sovereignty and providence more than ever before. And I hope we’ve come to realize that we never were promised a rose garden on this earth, and that that’s okay.
Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is right around the corner! So before you start getting crazy with food prep, take a few moments to first slow down and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- I really like the CSB translation, and this looks like a nice resource to have on hand.
- What role did the printing press play in Church history?
- On God’s impassibility.
- It’s real. I don’t know why people still aren’t understanding this.
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- Okay, this might be the last straw. 2020 is now attacking the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.
- Oh, this is sad.
- I used to live in Pittsburgh. This doesn’t actually surprise me.
- What? Argh, now I need these.
- I hope you didn’t miss the launch! It was exciting to watch!
The Lord is my strength and my shield;Psalms 28:7 (CSB)
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
Therefore my heart celebrates,
and I give thanks to him with my song.