It’s hard to believe that tomorrow is Halloween. Or, as it’s better known among many Christians, Reformation Day. Personally, I don’t get excited about October 31 no matter what you call it. I of course love the candy that comes with Halloween (candy corn, anyone?), but can do without all the rest of the nonsense. And while I’m exceedingly, eternally, thankful for the Reformation, I think I heard every Reformation-themed sermon, podcast, or message that can ever be given a few years ago during the 500th anniversary.
It’s wonderful, educational, and edifying to learn about the Reformers and all that they did and taught, but there really is only one message that never grows old, and can never be proclaimed enough. And of course, that was the purpose of the Reformation, wasn’t it? To bring the true gospel back into the light? So let’s follow in the footsteps of the Reformers by focusing on that which was their sole focus: Jesus Christ.
Okay, grab yourself a Milky Way and sit back to enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- This is good news.
- Wait a minute. Do you mean to say that adults who have opposing opinions on something can still be cordial—even friendly—with one another? Gasp!
- I think my favorite part is the name Sparkplug.
- As if there weren’t already enough hazards to flying.
- I have enough trouble with my brain as it is. I certainly don’t need to age an extra 10 years!
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- On covenant theology.
- A neat story.
- Not quite as neat. Appalling, actually.
- If you like a good ghost story, check out Equipping Eve tomorrow!
I wait for the Lord; I waitPsalms 130:5 (CSB)
and put my hope in his word.