I’m really tired, aren’t you?
I’m tired of Christians devouring Christians.
I’m tired of “discernment” and “truth” being wielded inappropriately as weapons in that civil war.
I’m tired of Christians crying “Persecution!” where there is no persecution.
I’m tired of the dishonesty, the disingenuousness, the duplicity.
I’m tired of the fruit of the Spirit only being a “nice to have” rather than “a must.”
I am also thankful.
I’m thankful that Christ, though His followers may fail, never does.
I’m thankful that Jesus is the Truth, no matter how so many twist that truth.
I’m thankful that He promises protection, provision, and most blessedly, rest.
I’m thankful. I hope you are, too. Perhaps Christ’s professing church has failed you. Jesus never will. Be thankful for Jesus.
And, while it is far from perfect, I hope that you’ll find reason to be thankful for today’s slightly abbreviated week in review (kind of):
- I’m sure nothing will go wrong with this idea.
- I mean, why not?
- This sounds terrible, and is consistent with the firsthand accounts I’ve heard.
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- Chocolate snow? Sign me up!
- A sweet devotional thought for your day.
- In case I haven’t already suggested it, you should read Worthy.
- There are a lot of important truths in this message.
Blessed be the Lord!Psalm 68:19 (CSB)
Day after day he bears our burdens;
God is our salvation.