It’s been another harrowing week around here. A lot happened. Most of it not great. That’s okay. God is sovereign. And if it weren’t for His sovereignty, things would feel pretty hopeless at times, wouldn’t they? I’m so thankful for who He is, and I cannot imagine living life without the hope that is found in Christ.
And in the midst of it all, God is so good and kind. As I started to write this, the phone rang and it was two dear friends who I was just thinking about earlier this week. What a joy! What a fun gift to be able to reconnect with them! Never let anyone tell you that God does not involve Himself in the details of your life. He cares for His children even in the smallest ways.
Well, between the busyness of work life and the stressors of non-work life, I’m a bit low on deep thoughts or even shallow wit this week. But, that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying your week in review (kind of):
- He’s not wrong.
- On the eternality of God.
- There’s just too much of this type of thing happening in professing evangelicalism.
- Um. Okay, I’m just not going to comment.
- Helpful thoughts from Rachel Green Miller on an ongoing controversy.
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- Not today, Satan.
- Fascinating. I wonder what these people would say to us today?
- Alistair Begg talks briefly about the hymn “I am His, and He is mine.”
To say that God’s sovereignty is limited by man’s freedom is to make man sovereign.R.C. Sproul