One of the most disheartening things I’m seeing among the visible church these days is an insatiable desire to devour our own. These are brothers and sisters who may disagree with us on certain theological points (without stepping outside the bounds of orthodoxy), but because of this disagreement, others are determined to anathematize them.
Yes, I do have specific examples in mind. No, I’m not going to elaborate here.
In a time when the world is in chaos, we ought to be striving more than ever to stand united in Jesus Christ. It’s unfortunate that this isn’t the default position for many.
Anyway, there’s no sense expounding on this topic now. It is Friday, after all, and I for one am ready to relax and enjoy the week in review (kind of):
- This is a win for those who have bravely spoken out about Scientology.
- We haven’t seen many hummingbirds so far this year, but here are some interesting facts about their nests!
- Number 4 is what gets me. Pull that mask over your nose, people. Germs come out of there, too.
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- This is an old headline, but it was new to me. Who knew ducks could be so effective?
- I, for one, will be following Byrd at her new site.
- Speaking of Aimee Byrd, this is some of the harassment and abuse she is currently facing. Will you please pray for her and her family?
- These look like they will be great resources.
- This is a helpful guide for those who may like to begin a journal but don’t know where to start.
Satan always hates Christian fellowship; it is his policy to keep Christians apart. Anything which can divide saints from one another he delights in. He attaches far more importance to godly intercourse than we do. Since union is strength, he does his best to promote separation.C.H. Spurgeon