I experienced road rage yesterday. Let me clarify: I was the recipient of borderline road rage. It was unpleasant and a little bit scary.
Long story short, I honked my horn at someone who didn’t think he was deserving of it. Obviously I felt otherwise, because I typically only honk my horn in two situations: when someone lingers too long at a green light (and even then it’s more of a gentle tap of the horn), or when someone maneuvers in front of me in an unsafe manner potentially causing an accident. This happened to be the latter, but apparently it’s not safe to honk your horn in that situation anymore. I did this yesterday, and the other driver promptly pulled alongside me, stopped his car, and screamed at me through the window while I sat at a red light. Me? I sat, staring straight ahead, hands on the wheel, waiting for the light to change. It wasn’t until I was well down the road that I realized how dangerous the incident could have been, and I thanked the Lord for keeping me safe.
Whatever happened to patience or courtesy or just shrugging your shoulders when you disagree with someone? I suppose even small incidents like this remind us that the world is not growing kinder but darker. And as it grows darker, it will increasingly hate the light that exposes it and causes its shadows to shrink. But we, dear Christian, can take heart, for we know the One who is the Light of the World (John 8:12).
The moral of today’s story is this: drive safely, and honk sparingly. And when you get home, thank God for safe travels and then sit back and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Speaking of those marvelous “I AM” statements of Jesus, there is a series of posts at the Equipping Eve blog that I think you may enjoy.
- Wednesday marked the 45th anniversary of the 1974 tornado outbreak that rocked towns in multiple states. Of particular significance was Xenia, Ohio, which was arguably hit the hardest. This article could use a bit of editing, but I thought the sentiment was worth sharing.
- DebbieLynne brings balanced thoughts on discernment blogging and bandwagons.
- I didn’t know what to do with this, so I thought I’d share it with you.
- Joy awaits us.
- I just finished reading through Judges, so this was timely and interesting.
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- I had no plans to see the movie Unplanned, but I still found this review to be helpful. A lot of Christians are blindly recommending this movie and that’s fine, but if we do that, we need to be aware of what we’re actually recommending.
- The Mormon church is doing this now.
- So, if you almost died getting this shot, then maybe you shouldn’t have attempted it in the first place. Let’s let wild animals be wild and not be surprised when they act that way. It is an amazing picture, though.
- Brief thoughts on apocryphal works versus the Bible.
- A look at Arminius.
- Who doesn’t love a giveaway?
God’s word will stand, and we shall get nothing by disputing it, or delaying to submit to it.Matthew Henry