Welcome to your first This ‘n’ That of 2019! Unfortunately, I have nothing overly exciting to commemorate the occasion, but I do hope that you all had a joyful new year celebration, thanking the Lord for giving us another year to grow in Him and to, we pray, serve Him well. He is today as He has ever been: sovereign, gracious, merciful, patient, loving and true!
As you wind down from your return to work and the deconstruction of holiday decorations, I hope you’ll take a few moments to enjoy your somewhat abbreviated week in review (kind of):
- Um, wow. At least appropriate action was taken.
- DebbieLynne of The Outspoken Tulip gives us an update on her holiday. Please be praying for her!
- “Tumultuous years are nothing new because human depravity is nothing new.”
- These look and sound delicious.
- Here’s your weekly dose of adorable.
- Here are some resources that might help with your Bible study this year.
- Yeah, Sunday was rough.
- Do you have a favorite woman of the Reformation? Yep, I said woman. Turns out God used them throughout Church history, too, and continues to do so. Imagine that.
There is nothing which so certifies the genuineness of a man’s faith as his patience and his patient endurance, his keeping on steadily in spite of everything. — Martyn Lloyd-Jones